Before Your Appointment
Because every woman is unique and every woman’s situation differs, we will make every effort to customize your visit to fit your needs. For special accommodations, please do not hesitate to call us at 800-572-4223.
To prepare for your abortion appointment:
- Plan to spend at least 4 hours at the clinic at each visit
- Do not eat or drink 2 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Refrain from alcohol or street drugs 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment
- Bring ID for yourself and whomever is with you
- Wear two piece comfortable clothing
- Please do not bring children
- Have a driver if you choose to receive sedation
- Fill out and print a health history form to bring to your appointment
- Print Info Sheet – map, fees, pre-abortion instructions – on one page
If you need a 2 or 3 day procedure, plan to stay overnight within 30 minutes of the clinic. Local hotels offer free shuttles to the Renton clinic and/or Sea-Tac airport. Ask about hotel arrangements when you call to make your appointment. If you are flying in from Alaska or outside Washington State, our Renton clinic is about 10 minutes from Sea-Tac airport.
Payment is required at your first appointment. If you are low-income and pregnant, you are likely to qualify for DSHS Pregnancy Medical coverage. You may apply at your local Community Service Office (CSO) or call Customer Service (8 am to 2 pm) at 877-501-2233. Be sure to tell them if you want an abortion, they can expedite your application. See Cost/Fees for other payment options.
Teens in Washington State do not need parental consent and they can apply for DSHS on their own. We encourage teens to seek support and talk with an adult you trust.