The purpose of birth control is to allow a woman to enjoy a full range of sexual expression without worrying about becoming pregnant. Each person is unique. No one method is best for everyone. Women choose different methods for different stages in life. You can use Birth Control to prevent pregnancy, to determine the number and spacing of births, to never get pregnant, to decide when you want to have your period, or for other health reasons.
Visit our Birth Control Comparison site for more information and to use an online tool to compare the various methods.
If you live in Washington State, you may qualify for FREE birth control when you apply for Take Charge. You can click here to print out the application form and bring it with you or fax it in before your appointment (Renton: 425-255-0262 or Tacoma: 253-475-5949). You can also apply in person at Cedar River Clinics on the day of your appointment.
- Teens do not need their parent’s permission.
- We welcome LGBTQ
- Some birth control options are included with an abortion procedure
- Most insurance and DSHS Medical/ProviderOne cover birth control
- You can use credit/debit cards, money order or cash
- See care package options on the cost/fees tab
No Appointment Necessary to purchase Emergency Contraception pills (aka “morning after pills” ).