Cedar River Clinics offers online, telemedicine appointments. With an internet connection and video capability on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop/computer, you can access confidential and secure health care services with one of our providers. While we still offer in-clinic appointments, we are also offering the following services online:
- Medical Abortion/Abortion Pill: up to 10 weeks from your last period with online appointment and medications mailed or picked up at our Renton or Yakima locations. Medication Abortion Instructions
- Birth Control: online consultation appointment to help choose the best method for you with options for birth control to be picked up, called into a pharmacy, or inserted with an in-clinic appointment. Birth Control Comparison
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI/STD): Screening and treatment with online appointment, possible lab tests, and treatment called into a pharmacy.
- Vaginal and bladder infections: Screening and treatment with online appointment, possible lab tests, and treatment called into a pharmacy.
- Hormone Therapy for Transgender/Non-Binary Patients: online appointment, possible lab tests, and medication called into a pharmacy. Masculinizing and Feminizing
Telemedicine appointments are covered by private insurance, Medicaid/Washington Apple Health, and we have a sliding fee scale. Please note that we are only able to provide telehealth appointments to people in Washington State.
What happens during a telemedicine appointment?
- Call us at 800-572-4223 to schedule your online appointment. A phone counselor will complete an initial screening and ask for your email address to send pre-appointment forms that will need to be completed one business day prior to your appointment.
- You will also speak with a Financial Specialist to discuss how the appointment will be paid for, i.e. Medicaid/Apple Health, private insurance, or sliding fee scale. They will also explain what your estimated out of pocket costs will be and how/when those will be collected.
- You will receive text/email with a link to access the secure site for your online visit. You will easily be able to test your device before your appointment to be sure it works with our telemedicine system.
- On the day of your appointment, click on the “Join Visit” button in your text/email.
- Once you and the provider have joined the visit, you will be able to see the provider and yourself on the screen. The provider will end the visit once the appointment is complete.